Valentine's Day Flower Letters
Make a statement with your Valentine's Day décor with these easy DIY flower letters! For our fondue dinner, we went with a "XOXO" theme, but you can apply this idea to any combination of letters you'd like.
The best part is you only need a few inexpensive materials from the craft store!
What you'll need ~
- Paper mache letters (we used Darice 8" letters)
- Hot glue gun
- Silk flowers (we used pink carnations, about 3-4" in diameter)
1. Start by painting your paper mache letters. Choose a coordinating color for your flowers. Allow to dry completely.
2. Prepare your flowers. For our letters, which only have flowers on one side, we needed about 10-12 flowers for each one. If you want flowers on both sides, you'll need to double that. Disassemble the silk flowers by removing the plastic stems and any plastic parts in the center. You should be left with just a stack of the petals.
3. Heat up the glue gun and place a small dab in the center of each flower. Carefully (don't burn your fingers) pinch the center of the stack of petals to hold them together. Once the glue has set, you can glue the flowers to the letter.
4. Continue until your letters are completely covered in flowers. If you plan to use these as table deécor, be sure you leave a little space near the bottom of the letters so they can still sit flat on a surface.
--- This project was created by Erika Pitera, the managing editor and art director here at ZEST