An Evening with Mr. Poe ~ Halloween Party
An Evening with Mr. Poe is the perfect way to celebrate Halloween! This sophisticated and spooky theme comes together easily with simple gothic decor, tasty cocktails and delicious finger foods for your guests to munch on. Make sure you read the Fall Issue to get all the recipes!
Decor Highlights ~
- "Nevermore" grapevine wreath with raven
- Book of Poe's famous works or a stack of vintage leather-bound books
- Gothic candlesticks
- Dry ice for spooky fog
- Faux quill pen and ink
- Birdcage tea light holder
- Ravens and mini birds nest
Easy DIY Projects ~
"Nevermore" grapevine wreath
1. Spray a grapevine wreath with black glossy spray paint.
2. Attach glittery black bow.
3. Hot glue glitter chipboard letters to floral wire.
4. String wire across the wreath.
5. Attach raven.
1. Paint wooden candlesticks with black glitter acrylic paint.
2. Add ivory taper candles.
3. Tie ribbon around base of candle.
4. Add black tulle pom pom to the ribbon.
5. Use a lighter to burn holes in the tulle for a grungy look.
1. Set the mood with dry ice.
2. Follow all handling instructions for dry ice very carefully.
3. Add chunks of dry ice to a bowl of hot water to create smoke/fog effect.
Faux quill pen and ink
1. Mix together red, blue, green and yellow food coloring in water to create fake ink.
2. Pour into a glass container and insert a black feather.
Ravens and mini birds nest
1. Spray a mini grapevine birds nest with black glossy spray paint.
2. Add tiny ravens and glittery silver "eggs."
3. Display with larger raven.
--- This project was created by Erika Pitera, the managing editor and art director here at ZEST